Impressed by the community at NNU

Last Updated 13 January, 2015

NNU women’s basketball coach Elpidia Allen didn’t graduate from NNU, but that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t appreciate the value of an NNU education. She began working at the University in a temporary position as an assistant women’s basketball coach in 2010.

Elpidia was immediately impressed with the community of NNU and noticed differences between it and her alma mater—differences that became strikingly clear when she started working as an admissions counselor helping young students weigh their college options. “At NNU, I know that the people here truly care about students, what they are doing and their successes. To see how they care for the students and care for me as a colleague amazes me every day.”

Now back in the role of assistant women’s basketball coach, Elpidia channels that care to her athletes on a daily basis. “As a coach, I am mentoring the girls not only in basketball but in life as well. I enjoy watching them grow as people and helping them make good decisions on and off the court. There isn’t a day that goes by that the girls don’t stop by and ask for my advice.”