Application for Admission
International Student Application Process
Application deadline for international students for the fall semester is July 1, spring semester deadline is October 1. Please note: not all materials are required by the specific deadlines; main application form must be completed. If your I-20 isn't issued by July 15 for the fall semester or November 15 for the spring semester your application will automatically be postponed to the following semester. Schedule a Visit
To be considered for admission the following documents are required:
- Application for Admission
- Official High School Transcripts from your high school or secondary school, showing grades for all courses and the date of graduation. After receiving your transcripts NNU may request you to have them evaluated by World Education Service (or any other transcript evaluation service with membership in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) for evaluation.
- Transfer Students must submit transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, showing grades for all courses taken. After receiving your transcripts, NNU may request an evaluation from World Education Service (or any other transcript evaluation service with membership in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services).
- If you are currently attending a college or high school in the United States, your I-20 or DS-2019 may be transferred to NNU using this [transfer release form.](/files/documents/Updated Transfer Release Form.pdf)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores report.
- TOEFL IBT score of 52 or above OR an IELTS score of 5.0 or above is required for admission into our traditional undergraduate program.
- ACT or SAT Scores (if available, this can be submitted in place of a TOEFL or IELTS score).
- Official Bank Statement or other document verifying the availability of funding.
Once you are accepted to NNU the following documents are required before we issue your I-20:
- Academic Planning Form - to help us prepare your course schedule (not required for students enrolling in our ELI program)
- Residential Status Agreement - to help us assign you housing on campus
- Immunization Record Download
Before classes begin, you will need to submit a $250 Advance Tuition Deposit.
International students applying to NNU may be requested to have their high school and/or college transcripts evaluated by a transcript evaluation service. If you are requested to have your transcripts evaluated we recommend World Education Service (WES). However, we will accept an evaluation by any international transcript evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A full list of NACES member organizations can be found here.
You can apply for your evaluation on the WES website, and should apply for the Course-by-Course evaluation if you have completed any university-level coursework. It is critical that you read and follow the "Required Documents" information specific to your country of study to ensure that your evaluation is completed as quickly as possible.
Please make sure that Northwest Nazarene University is listed as one of the recipients of the WES evaluation.
Once all of the required documentation has been received by WES, the evaluation usually takes 7 to 10 days.
TOEFL and IELTS Scholarships
Undergraduate students who have taken the TOEFL will be eligible for the following scholarship levels in their first year and continuing throughout their time at NNU.
- TOEFL IBT of 78 or greater...........$13,000 Scholarship
- TOEFL IBT of 61-77.......................$11,000 Scholarship
- TOEFL IBT of 60 or less................$9,000 Scholarship
Undergraduate students who have taken the IELTS will be eligible for the following scholarship levels in their first year and continuing throughout their time at NNU.
- IELTS of 6.5 or greater..........$13,000 Scholarship
- IELTS of 6.0..........................$11,000 Scholarship
- IELTS of 5.5 or lower............$9,000 Scholarship
Undergraduate Costs & Tuition
|Traditional Undergraduate||Annual Costs|
Tuition & Fees for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
This cost includes both fall and spring semesters.
Room & Board
This cost includes shared dorm room, the silver meal plan and $100 flex dollars for use at the NNU Bean coffee / snack shop.
Health Insurance (required)
Coverage is for the dates of August 1 through July 31 and is for the student only. (note this price is subject to change)
For students not enrolling until spring semester, the cost is $1030 and covers the student from January 1 through July 31. Contact the Wellness Center for details: email@example.com.
|Annual Total Cost||$40,313|
NNU has partnered with Flywire to allow you to easily and safely make payment to NNU in your home currency. After arriving at the Flywire website, if you would like to change the language of the site, click on the down arrow where it says English. Here are instructions in various languages. Click here to go to the Flywire website.