International Travel Coordinator
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Description of PositionThe Office of NNU Abroad is seeking applications for a program assistant to participate in developing a growing emphasis related to students studying abroad and in increasing cross-cultural awareness. This position is a non-exempt, part-time, .5 FTE (averaging approximately 18 hours per week) year-round position. Schedule will vary based on the needs of the program. This person coordinates international travel for academic and ministry groups representing the University, reports to the Director of NNU Abroad and collaborates with those initiating and directing academic study abroad experiences.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Assist with tasks related to international travel including, but not limited to:
- Manage institutional checklist of requirements for NNU’s international travel groups
- Coordinate international travel arrangements (and required documentation) for NNU groups in collaboration with faculty and ministry leaders
- Monitor budgets (except for tuition and fees) for academic international travel groups
- Facilitate communication between faculty and group leaders in transit and with NNU administration
- Organize the collection and processing of student applications and required documents for programs sponsored by NNU
- Assist in strategic development of the office of NNU Abroad
- Host informational sessions related to the NNU Abroad programs
- Participate in professional development related to university international travel
- Be available to answer questions in person or via email related to study opportunities
- Monitor the NNU Abroad pages of the NNU website
- Be an internal and external marketer for NNU Abroad through presentations and recruitment visits
- Other duties as requested
CompensationThis position is a non-exempt, (hourly), part-time (approximately 18 hours per week), 12-month position. Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant within a range of $13.25 – $14.50 per hour.
Application ProcessTo be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission requirement
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID, 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).