Faculty Member in Counselor Education
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Department StatementThe Department of Counselor Education at NNU offers a master’s degree in counseling and aims to prepare students with the professional competencies necessary for entry level counseling and therapeutic direct service delivery as well as providing a base for those students who wish to pursue a doctoral level study. In existence since 1990, the Counselor Education Department offers the following on campus majors: Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling, School Counseling and Clinical Counseling.
Description of PositionThe Northwest Nazarene University Department of Counselor Education is seeking applications for two full-time, tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor positions to begin fall semester 2019.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Teaching core and track specific courses (evenings and some Saturdays)
- Student advising and clinical supervision
- Contributing to program and curriculum development and continued growth of the program
- Participation in the department’s ongoing assessment plan
- Ongoing scholarly research and professional development
- Engaging in service to the university and community
- Active involvement in professional organizations and service to the profession
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in teaching one or more of the following areas: School Counseling, and/or Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling
- Experience or interest in teaching blended and/or online courses
CompensationThe salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant. Full-time faculty will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, health savings account, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, sabbatical experiences, and a retirement program.
Application ProcessTo be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- Application form
- Curriculum vita
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Statement describing your philosophy of Christian higher education
- Statement describing your philosophy of teaching
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).