Boise and Nearby
NNU is situated in a best-of-all-worlds location. Just minutes away from Boise, the state capitol, as well as a myriad of outdoor activities, NNU is a great place for those that want to be in the thick of thing and those who want to get away from it all. There is a reason that Boise tops lists again and again of best places to live.
The active but laid back lifestyle that exemplifies Northwest living is alive and well in the Boise Valley. From the cultural to the kitchy to the adventurous to the chill, the activities around NNU’s campus offer something for everyone. Here are just a few of the things students like to do.
The Great Outdoors
- Mountain bike in the Owyhee Mountains
- Boat and fish at Lake Lowell and Lucky Peak Reservoir
- Ski and snowboard at Bogus Basin Resort
- Hike in Celebration Park and Jump Creek
- Enjoy a coffee at local roasters like Flying M or Slow by Slow
- See a midnight movie at The Reel
- Catch a concert in downtown Boise
- Take a picnic to the Idaho Shakespeare Festival
- Shop at local farmers’ markets or visit a corn maze