What to Know About NNUStudent Body
Over 10,000 students. This year we have 1,332 undergraduate students, 726 graduate students, and more than 6,000 taking courses online or for Continuing Education. A majority of our students come from all over the Northwest and parts of California. However, we do have international students from Papua New Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Ethiopia, South Africa, and many other countries. For more information about NNU's current enrollment, read this press release.
Student to Faculty Ratio
The Church of the Nazarene
Approximately 45% of NNU students have claimed "Nazarene" as their church background and the other 55% belong to a variety of different denominations.
Over 100 full-time faculty and 305 employees committed to serving Christ and stimulating spiritual and academic growth in students.
Over 60 areas of study in five academic schools: School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; School of Business; School of Education, Social Work and Counseling; School of Health and Science; School of Theology and Christian Ministries
Two-semester calendar with summer courses offered
BA, BS, MA,MBA, MDiv, MEd, MS, MSN, MSW, EdS, EdD, PhD
The NNU honors program provides an integrative learning experience for academically superior freshmen and is offered as an alternative to some of the general education requirements. The program offers significant interdisciplinary learning experiences during the first year at NNU.
Coordinated through the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), off-campus possibilities for study include the Honours Programme, Oxford; the Los Angeles Film Studies Center; the Contemporary Music Program; and the Latin-American Studies Program, to name a few.
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education, the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs, the National Association of Schools of Music, the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs, the Council on Social Work Education, the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education, the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs, and the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships.
According to U.S. News and World Report NNU is a best-value university and Princeton Review ranked NNU as one of the top universities in the West.
NNU is a member of the NCAA Division II, Great Northwest Athletic Conference, and fields teams in basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, golf, track and field, cross country and soccer.
More than 40 different clubs and organizations exist on campus, engaging students in the pursuit of various interests including ministry, service, recreation, academics and athletics.
Facilities and Campus
NNU is situated on an 88-acre, park-like campus with 34 buildings including seven residence halls and apartment complexes, a baseball field, softball field, soccer field, tennis courts and an Olympic-sized track.
Seven residence halls provide a variety of residential settings from the traditional Culver, Dooley, Ford and Sutherland Halls, which typically house underclassmen, to the Corlett, Olsen and Kirkeide apartment complexes, which provide the added amenities of apartment-style living along with the traditional benefits and convenience of on-campus living.
Computers and Printing
The entire campus is covered with high-speed access points for students to access network resources and to connect to the internet. If a wired port is required for a student, it is available by putting in a request on help.nnu.edu.
There are also computer labs and printers available in some of the dorms. When classes are not present in lab classrooms, students and faculty are welcome to use these areas in the Thomas Health & Science Center, the Helstrom Business Building, and the Wiley Learning Center.
There are general purpose computer lounges available to students in the Wiley Learning Center, the Thomas Health & Science Center, the Helstrom Business Building, the Student Center, and the Leah Peterson Learning Commons. The Leah Peterson Learning Commons has public-use computers available for short-term browsing and printing capabilities.
Students receive a $10 printing allowance per semester, and have access to printing, scanning and copying on multi-function machines across campus through Secure Print and Mobile Print solutions.